The Adoption Counselor is responsible for greeting and assisting shelter visitors, volunteers, and potential adopters in addition to helping with office duties including the answering of phones. Adoptions counselors work directly with the public and help interested individuals through the application, screening, and adoption processes. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and have the ability to provide a positive experience for all shelter visitors.
- High school diploma required. Two years in customer service, animal-related and/or non-profit settings preferred.
- Must be able to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and think critically.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.