Dear Pope Memorial Humane Society Supporters,
In response to the evolving COVID-19 concerns at this time, we wanted to take a moment to inform you that Pope Memorial Humane Society will continue to remain open and conduct business as normal.
However, for the safety of our supporters, staff, and volunteers, in accordance with the CDC recommendation to cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more for the next eight weeks. Our Comedy Night scheduled for March 27, 2020, at the Dover Elks has been postponed to a later date. We will keep you informed of our plans to bring this event to you.
Our management team at Pope Memorial is consistently reviewing our plan of action related to the newest Coronavirus developments. Our top priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, volunteers, board members, and daily visitors. As such, we will be following the recommendations of the local DPH, CDC, and the State of New Hampshire.
We have increased daily cleaning practices of public areas and surfaces with EPA approved cleaning disinfectants. It is important to us that we offer our customers a clean, safe environment.
We kindly ask Customers and Staff /Volunteers to please:
- Minimize physical contact with others
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Refrain from shaking hands
- Do not share food or water bottles
- Cover your cough and sneezes with tissues or use the elbow, arm or sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose
- People who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to the shelter until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
We are following recommendations of the CDC, World Health Organization to ensure we are doing all we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.