As the COVID-19 situation continues to quickly evolve, we want to share with you some changes that we are putting into place so that we can continue to serve the pets and people of our community while keeping our staff, volunteers, and visitors protected.
In order to do our part in this time of uncertainty, Pope Memorial has taken the following steps. Please know that despite these measures, we are continuing to care for the animals and remain ready and able to be their safety net.
- Pope Memorial Humane Society will be open by appointment only for adoption and surrender services until further notice. Please call 603-749-5322 Ext. 108 for scheduling.
- Behavior Training, Humane Education and other programs are canceled or postponed until further notice. When available, new dates will be posted on our website.
- Donations from the community of pre-owned household items (ie. Blankets, towels, animal beds or toys, cages, etc.) or pet food CANNOT be accepted at this time. Please do not leave these items for the health of all concerned.
- We will still be accepting wish list items and pet food donations sent directly from WoofMeow, Amazon, and Chewy. We anticipate there being a greater community need for food assistance during this crisis as well as longer animal stays so these pet food donations will be critical.
- We have canceled or are in the midst of rescheduling several major fundraising events that were meant to take place over the next several weeks. Financial support is more important than ever. Monetary donations can be made securely on our website.
We will continue to update our site with any new developments.
Thank you for your understanding and support!
Your friends at PMHS